General Information 2019
Just in Time Choirs is a community of singers that helps spread positive vibes and joy through singing for people of all
ages. The choirs are a safe, fun, and musically rewarding place to sing and connect with a diverse group of people
through music. All weekly rehearsals are held in the Music Room at Highland Secondary School, 750 Pritchard Road, Comox, with the exception of March 6/7 — see note below under Weekly Rehearsal Dates.
Registration for the Spring 2019 Session of the non-auditioned, everyone welcome, Unplugged Choir is now closed. Rehearsals begin January 16, 2019 (Jems/Unplugged) January 17, 2019 (VM). Click here to register for Unplugged.
Weekly Rehearsal Dates
- Jems (6:00 - 7:15 pm) and Unplugged (7:30 - 9:15 pm) Wednesdays, January 16 to April 24, 2019
- Vocal Minority (7:15 – 9:00 pm) Thursdays, January 17 to April 25, 2019
- Spring Break: NO scheduled rehearsals Jems/Unplugged March 20/27; Vocal Minority March 21/28
- Location change: March 6 & March 7 only: Isfeld Secondary School
Performances / Workshops / Miscellaneous
JEMS: Saturday, February 9 from 9:30 – 1:30 Maximum $50 } Location: Valley Vista Estates UNPLUGGED: Saturday, February 9 from 2 – 6 Maximum $30 } Clubhouse—details to follow
VOCAL MINORITY: February 10/Location & Time TBA
- Choral Valley Festival is Saturday, March 2—time/location TBA
- Concert Dress Rehearsal is Saturday, March 27, afternoon, Sid Williams Theatre, Courtenay
- Concert is Saturday, April 27 - 7 pm – Sid Williams Theatre, Courtenay (black top/black bottom; purple scarf/tie supplied but to be returned at end of concert)
Fees for Jems & Unplugged are due by January 16, 2019
for Vocal Minority due January 17, 2019
- Fees are payable by the first night of choir practice for the term, by cheque, cash, e-transfer, or credit card.
- Cheques can be made out to Just in Time Choirs with current date. Registration payments can also be made bye-transfer and credit card via our website. E-transfer payments can be made to email@example.com
- Any NSF charges related to dishonoured cheques will be charged back to the writer of the cheque.
- Term fees are as follows:
Jems + Unplugged: $225
Vocal Minority: $200
Vocal Minority + Unplugged: $300
- We have moved to a Print-Your-Own-Music system. Music is available for viewing and printing via the website.
- Your fee includes participation in the next Choral Valley Festival, March 2, 2019.
You must attend at least 10 of the 13 rehearsals in order to perform in the concerts. For auditioned singers,
expectations are higher; for these individuals, the decision to perform, based on attendance, will be at the sole
discretion of the Musical Director.
Fees and Refunds Policy
Reviewed and revised January 2019
Amount of Fees
- Fees are determined by Council. The objective of the fees is to cover the cost of the practices, materials, rehearsals and other costs related to the activities of the choir.
- The fees are set at a level to ensure that the choir is financially viable, including maintaining a healthy contingency. The objective is not to develop a large surplus.
- Fees are payable by the first night of choir practice for the term, by cheque, cash, e-transfer or credit card.
- Costs associated with any method of payment will be charged back to the member (such as credit card fees and NSF charges).
- Newcomers may attend the first two practices of Unplugged to determine whether they would like to join the choir. If they continue to attend practices, they are expected to pay fees for the full term.
- Fee subsidies may be available by application to the Council, and Council decides each case on its own merits.
Rationale: the Council needs to be able to plan expenditures for the term, based on enrollment. This policy is intended to recognize changing personal circumstances while providing a basis for planning.
- Refunds may be made according to this policy, based on the date that a request for a refund is received. No refunds may be made retroactively to before a request was received.
- If a choir member decides to withdraw from Choir after having paid their fees for the term, a refund will be issued upon request by the member as follows:
- After week two, refund will be term fees minus 15% of fees.
- After week three, refund will be term fees minus 25% of fees.
- After week four, no refund will be issued.
In extraordinary cases of illness or personal hardship, once a request for refund is received up to week six, a refund may be provided for an amount prorated based on the date the request was received. After week six, no refund will be given for any reason.
PLEASE NOTE: Just in Time Choirs sings in a SCENT-FREE environment. Please refrain from wearing ANY scented
products to ALL choir practices, rehearsals, retreats, and performances. Thank you for your consideration to others in
Photo credits on this page: Tim Penney